Distribution Update for the Federated Fair Fund Settlement
The Federated Fair Fund settlement has been completed in accordance with the Plan of Distribution. No further payments to investors will be issued and checks will no longer be honored by the bank.
Please do not present any checks in your possession for payment as all distribution checks are void and will be returned by your bank which may result in a fee charged to your account. The Federated Fair Fund, the Independent Distribution Consultant, and the Fund Administrator
are not responsible for any fees incurred by investors.
This website will remain active through April 2014.
A Non-IRA Retirement Account (NRA) is a unique account category referenced in the Federated Plan of Distribution.
If you have additional questions, please review the "Frequently Asked Questions." below.
What options are available to me as a plan sponsor or trustee?
The fiduciary of a Retirement Account receiving a distribution should distribute it pursuant to one of the following four alternatives as outlined in Section 188.8.131.52 of the Distribution Plan:
- Plan fiduciaries may allocate the distribution amount pro rata (based on total account balance) among the accounts of all persons who are currently participants in the Retirement Plan (whether or not they are currently employees).
- Plan fiduciaries may allocate the distribution amount per capita among the accounts of all persons who are currently participants in the Retirement Account (whether or not they are currently employees).
- Plan fiduciaries may allocate the distribution amount to current and former participants in the Retirement Plan using the algorithm developed by the IDC. The IDC will make the algorithm available to plan fiduciaries.
- To the extent that none of the three preceding alternatives is administratively feasible, plan fiduciaries may, to the extent permitted by the Retirement Account, use the distribution amount to pay the reasonable expenses of administering the plan.
What are the tax ramifications of this distribution check?
As the Fund Administrator, we cannot offer any tax advice. You should review the Statement to Eligible Investors, which can be found in the "Tax Information" tab. If you have any further questions, you should consult with your financial advisor or tax professional prior to cashing the check to determine the potential tax consequences and appropriate tax treatment for your situation.
My investment is/was in a tax-qualified plan, what should I do with this check?
If the check was made payable to the plan administrator and mailed to you and you are:
- Still a participant in the tax qualified retirement plan, contact your retirement plan administrator to coordinate the deposit of the check to your retirement plan.
- No longer a participant in the tax-qualified plan and you are a participant in another tax-qualified retirement plan, then you may affect a “direct rollover” to another eligible plan. The distribution must be rolled over within 60 days after receipt to be tax-free. Contact your plan trustee or administrator to coordinate the rollover.
- No longer a participant in the tax-qualified plan and you are no longer a participant in another tax-qualified retirement plan and you wish to have this check made payable to yourself, you will need to do the following:
- You will need to contact the Retirement Plan Administrator or Service Provider to negotiate the check you received. We are unable to reissue this check to you as it is considered Plan assets.
- If your plan is no longer active or has been abandoned, we will require the following documentation to comply with your request
- The original distribution check marked VOID (if not previously submitted)
- A copy of the final IRS Form 5500 from your former Tax-Qualified Retirement Plan (may be found on www.freeerisa.com/5500/Form5500.asp
- A signed affidavit, which we can provide if you do not have access to the Internet
- A completed IRS Form W-4P/W-9 which we can provide if you do not have access to the Internet. Mail this information to:
Federated Investors, Inc.
PO Box 9127
Canton, MA 02021-9127